The Luftwaffe Archives & Records Reference Group  

Go Back   The Luftwaffe Archives & Records Reference Group > ARCHIVAL INFORMATION > Archives in the USA

Old 03-26-2004, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Default NARA Flak records

From 12 O'Clock High!:

Donald Whiteman
TO/E's Light, mixed & Heavy Flak Battalions
Tue Mar 16 09:29:24 2024

Can anyone help with standard(?) TO/E's for Luftwaffe light, mixed & heavy Flak Battalions? I'm particularly interested in the late war period (If there is any variations).

Cheers
Old 03-26-2004, 11:10 AM
Administrator

From TOCH!:

Steve W.
Flak-KStNs
Tue Mar 16 13:35:13 2024

I do not believe these survived the war. Over the past 30 years, I have been through all of the surviving Luftwaffe records dealing with the Flakartillerie, as well as the majority of the German language published material on the subject, and I have not seen them. All that appears to have survived are the KStN schedule numbers, which can be found in an unpublished 10-volume postwar study of the Flakartillerie that was prepared by War Office M.I.15, the wartime branch of British military intelligence that was exclusively concerned with the Flak branch of the Luftwaffe. This study is available at both the U.S. and British National Archives, and was written using all surviving German documents on the subject as well as hundreds of interviews with former members of the Flakwaffe. Had the KStNs survived the war, they most certainly would have been including in this massive study, but they were not.

Steve W.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Administrator

From TOCH!:

Donald Whiteman
Flak TO/E's
Tue Mar 16 23:14:04 2024

Thanks for response.

Cheers
Old 05-09-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:

Richard T. Eger

From TOCH!:

Steve W.
Flak-KStNs
Tue Mar 16 13:35:13 2024

I do not believe these survived the war. Over the past 30 years, I have been through all of the surviving Luftwaffe records dealing with the Flakartillerie, as well as the majority of the German language published material on the subject, and I have not seen them. All that appears to have survived are the KStN schedule numbers, which can be found in an unpublished 10-volume postwar study of the Flakartillerie that was prepared by War Office M.I.15, the wartime branch of British military intelligence that was exclusively concerned with the Flak branch of the Luftwaffe. This study is available at both the U.S. and British National Archives, and was written using all surviving German documents on the subject as well as hundreds of interviews with former members of the Flakwaffe. Had the KStNs survived the war, they most certainly would have been including in this massive study, but they were not.
Aloha,

I will be visiting NARA next month and the NA (UK) in Kew during July and would very much like to examine this 10 volume postwar study you mention.

Do you have further information as to title, record group, etc., so that I might be able to access this study at either archives?

Mahalo nui loa (thanks a lot)

Russell
Old 05-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Administrator

Dear Russell,

Welcome to LWAG!

No, not magic, just me trying to get your message to look like you wanted it to. I'll contact the author of this statement and see if I can get him to contact you.

Regards,
Richard

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Switch to Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode