The Luftwaffe Archives & Records Reference Group  

Go Back   The Luftwaffe Archives & Records Reference Group > USEFUL WEBSITES > Useful Websites: A - D

Old 12-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Default Algra-Funkarchiv - A collection of various radio manuals

Richard T. Eger
German aircraft equipment drawings/photos
Mon Dec 13, 2024 01:41

Dear Fellow Luftwaffe Researchers,

About a month ago I requested some direction as to where I might be able to find drawings of German aircraft equipment, such as the Fl. numbered equipment. I'm trying to get this information for the numerous components on the Me 262. I was directed to Udo Hafner and his Fl. books, which I now have on my shelf. These provided drawings of about 16 cockpit instruments, but lacked quite a few of the others. In addition, I asked of Herr Hafner whether he had anything on parts identified with Ln. numbers or simply numbers such as 19-5836 A-1 and 19-5843, as called out in Peter Cohausz' "German Aircraft Cockpits 1911-1970". Sadly, he does not.

I seem to recall that Dr. Peter Aichner put out a number of equipment books, but he seems to have withdrawn from selling them, as I can't find him anymore. It was suggested that these are frequently for sale on eBay, but I haven't seen them there.

Anyway, at this point, my well is running a bit dry, so I come to you all for any guidance that you might be able to offer. Let me make it clear that I don't want to buy the equipment, itself (I'd have no place to put it in my apartment), but rather would like to get dimensioned drawings or, lacking that, at least photos. And, I'm not restricting my search to just the cockpit, but all the equipment that was added to the basic aircraft structure, for example, hydraulic system components.

Any leads along these lines or to copies of Aichner's books would be most appreciated.

Regards,
Richard
Old 12-22-2004, 02:37 PM
Administrator

From TOCH!:

SES
German aircraft equipment.
Mon Dec 13, 2024 08:16

Hi Richard.
You may want to try this site:
http://www.algra-funkarchiv.de/
bregds
SES
Old 12-22-2004, 02:38 PM
Administrator

From TOCH!:

Richard T. Eger
Re.: German aircraft equipment
Mon Dec 13, 2024 14:39

Dear SES,

Thanks for the lead. This site is very extensive on its coverage of aircraft radio equipment could be helpful in that regard. Nothing here, unfortunately, matches any of the listings in Cohausz' book, nor anything not dealing with radios. Still, an excellent resource site for what it does cover.

Regards,
Richard

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Switch to Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode