The Luftwaffe Archives & Records Reference Group

The Luftwaffe Archives & Records Reference Group (http://lwag.org/forums/)
-   Archives in Canada (http://lwag.org/forums/forumdisplay.html?f=19)
-   -   German Prisoners of War in Canada (http://lwag.org/forums/showthread.html?t=3345)

Robert Henderson 08-26-2006 11:44 PM

German Prisoners of War in Canada

I have an extensive collection of both artifacts and information relating to German Prisoners of War held in Canada, and the men who guarded them from the "Veterans Guard of Canada".

If you have information relating to individuals from either group, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you,
Robert Henderson - Homefront Archives & Museum

Pete Sharpe 11-04-2008 03:43 PM

Did any of these Lufteaffe aircrew chaps end up in Canada please, they were shot down over England in 1941

Ltn Gunther Mohring (the o has umplauts)
Hptm Otto Bodemeyer
Ofw Heinz Sollner (the o has umlauts)
Ltn Gunther Buse (the u has umlauts)

Thank you

Alex Chase 08-04-2010 10:33 PM

Gunther Mohring

1 Attachment(s)
I have a partial list of Prisoners of War at Camp 30, Bowmanville, Ontario. Canada.

60763 MÖHRING Gunther Leutnant Luftwaffe

Gunther is the only prisoner from his airplane that is on my List. The rest of the crew may have been there but I won't know that until I complete my research.

Robert Henderson 08-14-2010 10:41 PM

Greetings Gunther -

Can I obtain a copy of your partial list of PoW at Bowmanville, please. Is there anything I can help you out about the PoW Camp?

Roberat Henderson

Alex Chase 08-27-2010 09:28 PM

I have just found another flyer at the Archives of Canada. He was on Mohrings crew.
60838 BODEMEYER Otto Haptm Luftwaffe
He was interned on April 9th, 1942 at Camp 30, Bowmanville, Ontario.

Alex Chase 08-27-2010 09:46 PM

I was too quick on the draw. I should have waited until I was finished today. I have found Gunther Buse.
14956 BÜSE Gunther Leutnant Luftwaffe
He was interned on the same day as Mohring.
I have a question....are the people that you have mentioned on the same aircraft.

Martin Stockham 09-03-2010 11:23 AM

Question for Alex

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Chase (Post 24847)
I was too quick on the draw. I should have waited until I was finished today. I have found Gunther Buse.
14956 BÜSE Gunther Leutnant Luftwaffe
He was interned on the same day as Mohring.
I have a question....are the people that you have mentioned on the same aircraft.

Alex, I was wondering whther you had any information on Unteroffizier Fritz Ruhlandt, Unteroffizier Erwin Richter and any other crew of a JU88 that crash landed in Kent , England on 27th September 1940. I am keen to identify other crew members and then determine relatives etc. so any help would be appreciated. All crew survived the carsh and were taken prisoner. I sent you a private message too but the site denies I did, so doubling up here, apologies if you have both!

best

Martin