The Luftwaffe Archives & Records Reference Group  

Go Back   The Luftwaffe Archives & Records Reference Group > NAMED AREAS OF INTEREST > References & Reference Materials

Old 04-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Default Books on NSGr 1

From 12 O'Clock High!:

John MacG
NachtSchlachtGruppen book?
Wed Mar 31, 2024 01:31

I seem to remember a thread on this board a couple of months ago about a forthcoming book on the NSGruppen, but since then nothing.
Any further info now available on this?
Old 04-11-2004, 07:52 PM
Administrator

From TOCH!:

Nick Beale
Books on Nachtschlachtgruppen
Thu Apr 1, 2024 18:18

The only one in existence is my own book, from Classic Publications: "Ghost Bombers, the Moonlight War of NSG 9" which I highly recommend, of course.

More details at www.classic-books.co.uk and there's a review on Bill Stone's "Second World War Books News and Information website."

I also had an article printed in the French magazine Aero-Journal last summer about an operation by NSG 1 and NSG 2 in February 1945.

Meanwhile, Christian Moeller in Germany is working on a history of the NSGs in general. When we last corresponded (about February) the project was nowhere near being ready for publication - not surprising given the scale of the task.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:03 PM
Administrator

From 12 O'Clock High!:

Husar
I./NSGr. 1 8. März 1945
Fri Aug 20, 2024 11:41

10 Ju 87 attack at that Day the Ludendorffbrücke at Remagen in an Daylight Mission.
Losses where heavy, the fate from the Crew of Uffz. Berg is still unknow. Also thwo Ju 87 crashed, their crews bailed out. I'm looking for any information about Uffz. Berg and the two plane crashes.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:04 PM
Administrator

From TOCH!:

Nick Beale
NSG 1 on 8 March1945
Sun Aug 22, 2024 19:30

This action was described by Heinz Jirousek in an article «Flieger Schicksal immer noch nicht geklärt» (Jägerblatt Februar/März 1991). That translates as "Airmen's Fates still Unexplained."

Before anyone asks, I don't have a copy of the article!

NSG 1 losses on 8 March were as follows:

1./NSG 1: Ju 87D-5 WNr.142101 Ltn. Hörzel, Wolfram and Uffz. Lüttgens, Arno (both missing, circumstances unknown)

1./NSG 1: Ju 87D-5 WNr. 141968, Uffz. Berg, Eberhard and Uffz. Seratzki, Erich (both missing, circumstances unknown)

1./NSG 1: Ju 87D-5 WNr. 142200, Fw. Päch, Erich and Gefr. Osony, Josef (both missing, circumstances unknown)

2./NSG 1: Ju 87D-5 WNr. 141969, Fw. Zbyrovyky, Alois and Uffz. Boroski, Hans (both missing, circumstances unknown)

3./NSG 1: Ju 87D-5 WNr. 142104 100, Fw. Dedel, Johannes and Uffz. Franz, Otto (both missing, circumstances unknown)
Old 02-06-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Heinz Jirousek

Dear Sirs,
For years my wife has been searching for the aforementioned Heinz Jirousek! Her uncle, Lt. James William McCormack, was shot down on March 10, 1945 after having been vectored to defend the Remagen bridgehead from just such an attack. He was flying a P-51D, 44-63740 named "Little Audrey" after his New York City girlfriend. James sister, my wife's mother, died thinking her brother had been shot down by friendly fire. Apparently not too long ago Heinz Jirousek found the wreck noting that it was hit by a Flakvierling 20mm unit on the hill nearby. Do any of you know how to contact Mr. Jirousek? Thankyou in advance for your time and consideration in this matter. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. My wife still has a small shrine in our house with James' picture and a model of his aircraft.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Dear Bill,

Try contacting the German Fighter Pilots Association, which produces Jägerblatt, which has since changed to Fliegerblatt. Go to the "Archives in Germany: General Information" forum and look for the various iterations of the "German Fighter Pilots Association" topics for contact information. It's possible that with the generalization of the association's publication's title that the organization may also have changed its name. The last I knew, the man to contact was Wilhelm Goebbel. Good luck.

Regards,
Richard
Old 02-08-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Heinz Jirousek

Richard,
Thanks so much for the lead which we will pursue! I found your board while Google searching Heinz's name. We attempted contact at a government tax office of some sort, and simply got an automated reply. Thanks again, Bill

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Switch to Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode