The Luftwaffe Archives & Records Reference Group  

Go Back   The Luftwaffe Archives & Records Reference Group > NAMED AREAS OF INTEREST > Luftwaffe Units & Operations

Old 10-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Default Luftnachrichtenschule 6 (See)

From 12 O'Clock High!:

Mike Murphy
mikermurphy@aol.com
Fate of a Luftwaffe aircraft mechanic sought
Sun Sep 19, 2024 22:44

Hello to all -

I am the photo editor for the Beuteflugzeug site:

http://www.luftwaffe-experten.co.uk/beuteflugzeuge.html

I was recently contacted by Frau Melzow who is searching for information about the ultimate fate of a family member, Walter Marten. She found a photo of a captured Caudron C.445 in Luftwaffe markings that operated from Dievenow and served with LNS (See)6. Herr Marten served with the Luftwaffe as an aircraft mechanic with LNS (See) 6 at Dievenow (also spelled Dievenov, Diewenow or Dzwinow (Polish))

I have found a small amount of information about LNS (See) 6 in 'Die Flugzeugfuhrer-Ausbildung der Deutschen Luftwaffe 1933-1945 Band II' and 'Luftwaffe Codes Markings and Units'. However, there is no information found yet on the ultimate fate of equipment and ground personnel of LNS (See) 6 other than the unit was disbanded in 1944.

Can anyone help with information about LNS (See) 6 and / or point me to a website(s) that provides information about the fate of Luftwaffe personnel.

I have copied Frau Melzow's Email below for reference purposes. Your help will be most appreciated.

Ich besuchte Ihre Seite unter "Dievenov", weil ich auf der Suche bzw. dem Verbleib nach meinem Uropa bzw. dem Opa meiner Mutter bin. Er heißt Walter Marten und hat bis zum Krieg in dem genannten Flugzeugwerk in Dievenov als
Flugzeugmechaniker gearbeitet. Vom Hörensagen weiß ich nur, dass er im Krieg verwundet wurde. Mehr haben unsere Familie und speziell seine Familie nie erfahren. Heute frage ich mich, es kann doch durchaus möglich sein, dass er
diese Verwundung überlebte hatte und bloß seine Familie durch den Krieg nicht wiederfand. Im Januar hatte er seinen 90. Geburtstag. Leider haben wir nie etwas Konkretes gehört, ob er wirklich im Krieg gefallen ist. Können Sie
etwas dazu sagen, hat er sich vielleicht in Ihrem Werk noch mal gemeldet?

Wer sind die Personen auf Ihrer Seite, kann es sein, dass er sogar dabei ist. Ich habe nur ein uraltes Foto mal bei seiner ältesten Tochter gesehen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Corinna Melzow

Thank you
Old 10-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Administrator

From TOCH!:

Steve W.
Luftnachrichtenschule 6 (See)
Sun Sep 19, 2024 23:06

According to P/W interrogation report ADI(K) 553/44, the school closed in late July 1944 or early August and all 850 pupils were reassigned to the Fallschirmjäger. Fr. Melzow says he was wounded, but was this before or after he was at Dievenow? She then raises the question of whether he might have been killed in the war. Has she contacted WASt and the Volksbundes Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge e.V. yet? If these official organizations of the German government cannot at least resolve the question of whether or not he survived the war, then I don't know what to suggest. If he did survive, then she needs to contact the German Red Cross and/or the Red Cross International Tracing Service.

Steve W.
Old 10-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Administrator

From TOCH!:

Mike Murphy
Thanks !
Sun Oct 3, 2024 17:19

Hello Steve -

Sorry for the delay in answering. Thank you very much for the information provided. I've contacted the German Red Cross and the Volksbundes Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge e.V
on behalf of Frau Melzow....no reply as yet. I also contacted the Bundesarchiv and did receive a letter in response, but it contained information about the charges (15 Euros per half hour) for researching information.

Thanks again;
Mike