The Luftwaffe Archives & Records Reference Group  

Go Back   The Luftwaffe Archives & Records Reference Group > NAMED AREAS OF INTEREST > References & Reference Materials

Old 07-21-2008, 05:23 PM

Default Luftwaffe activity over Cambridgeshire UK

Hi to everyone on the forum Im a newbie here, but I have looked around at some of the threads and it looks a great forum. For the last two years I have been involved in writing a series of books in the War Torn Skies series covering county aviation histories so far I have had published the Hertfordshire one and the Cambridgeshire one is due out this week. For 30 years I have researched the Luftwaffe crashes and aerial activity over each county to minute detail using eye-witness resources and have included all this research as a major section of each volume, using previously unpublished work and photographs where possible. This has involved meeting aircrew themselves, their relatives and aviation archaeological excavation of many of the crash sites. If you think either volume might be interesting or indeed may help your own research please do contact me on j.evenhart@ntlworld.com
I will then send further details if requested
Kind regards Julian
Old 07-02-2009, 11:15 PM

Default Research

Hi Julian. I'm presently in NZ until August when I return to the UK. You might be able to help me. I've a flughbuch to a German Pilot who crashed his JU88 at Welney Marsh in 1943? (I'm recalling all this info from memory). I know they were hit after a sortie over Liverpool. I tried to find out more info on the microfich in Norwich Library but there was nothing. Someone mentioned the event could have very well been reported in the press in Cambridgeshire hence my contacting your very good self. I'm hoping the details above might be sufficient for you to assist.
Regards
Derek

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Switch to Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode